WHAT IS THE BE CAMPAIGN?
In a time of political polarization and divisive issues, BE part of this movement to make our communities and the world more like the Kingdom of God!
In 700 BC, in a time with many similarities to today, the prophet Micah asked and answered the question: What does God require of us? The answer was simple: do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with God. (Micah 6:8)
We believe we can love our neighbors and recover and reclaim these three essential practices.
MAKE THE PLEDGE
I pledge to strive to follow Micah 6:8 in all aspects of my life:
- To act justly and pursue justice by standing with and speaking out for those who are vulnerable, mistreated, in need or exploited;
- To practice kindness and mercy in every interaction, even with those with whom I disagree;
- To act with humility, surrendering my will to God’s will, acknowledging that I may not always be right and should listen more and speak less.
And, I will seek to inspire others to do the same.
Be Just. Be Kind. Be Humble.
FOLLOW THE SERIES
Learn how to love our neighbors and recover and reclaim three essential practices to make our communities and the world more like the kingdom of God. Get equipped every weekend to be just, kind and humble.
October 9 | Be Just | Isaiah 58:1-12
October 16 | Be Kind | Ephesians 4:17-32
October 23 | Be Humble | Micah 6:6-8
October 30 | Love Your Neighbor | Matthew 22:34-40
TAKE THE CHALLENGE
Week 1 | October 9
- Order a BE Campaign shirt by October 9
- Invite a friend to Finding Common Ground
- Pick up a BE Campaign yard sign and sticker
Week 2 | October 16
- Attend Finding Common Ground on October 16
- Practice Radical Kindness (e.g., take a a neighbor a meal)
Week 3 | October 23
- Assemble Flood Buckets on October 23
- Wear your BE campaign shirt and share it on Facebook and Instagram
Week 4 | October 30
- Wear your BE campaign shirt
FIND COMMON GROUND
How do we find common ground with friends, family and neighbors when the country is so divided on religion and politics? How do we discuss divisive topics in ways that continue the dialogue rather than shut it down?
Learn more about how to find common ground from Rev. Tom Berlin and Mike McCurry on October 16.
FLOOD THE BUCKETS
Help replenish UMCOR‘s inventory of cleaning supplies so they are equipped to assist when disasters arise. The UMCOR depot that holds the necessary tools for disasters in the United States is empty. But, it is tornado and hurricane season, and the need for cleaning kits (“flood buckets”) is increasing.
Learn how you can help assemble Flood Buckets on October 23.
Join the Movement.
WEAR THE MESSAGE
Members of the Floris-Restoration community are invited to join the campaign by sharing the message throughout the community!